Family-Friendly Escape at The Benjamin Will Have Kids Roaring for “Lions & Tigers & Cereal” (Oh My!)
A few Sundays ago, my family and I attended the Macaroni Kid Family Travel Expo. We received some great tips and information for our already booked summer vacation to Rhode Island. We also were the lucky winners of a Britax raffle. But I would have to say the biggest treasure was learning about the fun family promotion The Benjamin hotel is currently offering.
Lions & Tigers & Cereal (oh my!), the newly unveiled family-friendly getaway at The Benjamin, a boutique NYC hotel located in the heart of midtown, will have kids roaring with laughter and parents relieved that everything is taken care of. From a daylong outing to the zoo, to a cereal buffet delivered to the room the night before, it’s all covered. The one-night adventure, available through September 30, is priced seasonally starting from $374 this summer and includes:
- Four zoo tickets for the entire brood to enjoy a day of animal escapades at the Central Park Zoo.
- A cereal smorgasbord with an assortment to choose from, fruit and milk delivered the night before. Let’s face it, kids who wake up hungry as a bear just can’t wait for breakfast; all rooms at The Benjamin feature a kitchenette (with refrigerator and microwave), so it will be stocked and ready to go.
- Breakfast in-room for Mom & Dad, who tend to be more patient and can wait for room service (which, by the way, is from The National, Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s restaurant, located in the hotel. This restaurant happens to be one of our all-time favorite neighborhood spots for weekend brunch!)
- Winks’ Kidzzz Club Frisbee for fun times in the park and a souvenir to take back home.
- Travel-size sunscreen for the alfresco adventure. (Seriously, what haven’t they thought of!)
- Winks’ Kidzzz Club, created to educate little guests on the importance of sleep, makes children feel right at home with the following for use during their stay: kid-sized bathrobes, a lending library of family favorite bedtime books, an organic wool-filled Toddler Pillow by Woolly Boo. Winkzzz himself (well, a stuffed animal version) is included for kids to take home (one per room, others available for purchase). Upon check out, a Sleep Certificate is awarded to children.
The Benjamin’s Sleep Concierge, the first and only in the industry, is there to make sure guests big and small get a good night’s sleep. Kids and parents can order up any number of pillows from the hotel’s 12-choice pillow menu (if a pillow fight emerges, don’t blame the Sleep Concierge!). The five-foot body cushion, while larger than most kids, tends to be a favorite amongst the smaller set.
For Lions & Tigers & Cereal (oh my!) reservations, visit www.TheBenjamin.com or call 1-888-4-BENJAMIN (1-888-423-6526) and use booking code KIDZZZ.
Even though we live with-in walking distance of The Benjamin, I am definitely booking an overnight stay for us. I will probably wind up fighting my son for Winkzzz! (Yes, I am still very much a kid at heart!)